December 22, 2010

Joy - Merry Christmas - translation: peace and happiness for all!


it is
what is is
invisible

powerful
loving
infinite
sustenance
what is is

it is


I don't think Jesus would be too impressed that we go into debt or run ourselves ragged trying to impress our friends and family in his name.

I celebrate Christmas because the spirit of Jesus Christ reawakened me to my connection with the divine. With honor and love, I celebrate his birth on earth like a Buddhist would celebrate Buddha's. We share a great meal and have a fun and happy day.

Generosity, peace and love should be for everyday and, of course, birthdays should be to celebrate how wonderful life is. Merry Christmas everyone!


J O Y

11 comments:

  1. Wonderful words. I sometimes forget there are others out there who feel like this. If only more people could think this way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Ruth
    Peace to you and yours

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen and Amen! Merry Christmas to you and your family. And thanks for acknowledging Christ's birth as the reason to celebrate Christmas .. seems lost in the world today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas to you and to your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And what better time then mid-winter to bring in some green and some lights into your home, whether this actually is his birthday or not. Have a jolly one, Ruth. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas! I hope that your holiday is beautiful and joyous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see you are back blogging! I hope you had a Merry Christmas and I wish you all the best for the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just catching up on your posts, hope you had a wonderful holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I could not have said it better! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete