January 25, 2010

Discover Life



Can you find 6 species and 10 individuals in this image? What are they doing?

Found a new site today!

D I S C O V E R L I F E

Our mission is to assemble and share knowledge in order to improve education, health,
agriculture, economic development, and conservation throughout the world.

We provide free on-line tools to identify species, share ways to teach and study nature's wonders, report findings, build maps, process images, and contribute to and learn from a growing, interactive encyclopedia of life that now has 1,295,438 species pages.

5 comments:

  1. This is a great site and so informative!
    I can see on this picture only a bee and yellow spider... yes, when I enlarge it there are 2 flies.
    Lovely picture

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't, but we've got these bee eating spiders around here. They are green and wait inside flowers for their prey. Our sunflowers were favourite hunts. Then they grab them from the front to avoid the deadly sting. It's fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an interesting site! Thanks for the site about making sauerkraut I have it book marked for reference.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never seen spiders go after bees, nature never ceases to amaze. Peace for all

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great website. Can't wait to explore further. I cant make much out in the pic on our mobile browser, but I've often admired the number of species found on goldenrod. It's a terrible weed in a garden bed, but makes a great border plant to attract beneficials! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete