July 31, 2009

Frugality

I have devoted my life, for over ten years now, to growing and preserving food for the winter.

I used to have a real job, he worked days and I worked nights. Always too tired, we ate out to save time shopping, cooking and cleaning. We did this for one year. At tax time we realized that we paid more to taxes and childcare than my salary. Meals out, and my wardrobe, car and its expenses only further exposed the foolishness of our lifestyle.

My job now is to reduce the need for cash. It is necessary to remove unnecessary expenses from your budget. But don't be caught up in the bondage of frugality. It is great to get dish soap for a dollar a bottle, but not if you don't like how it works. Worst if you have lots of soap but nothing to eat. Cheap food is processed foods where value is exchanged for profit. Or worse yet, with coffee and chocolate, slaved people pay the real cost of your purchase.

How do I do it? There is no solution in the consumer world. The secret is in the natural world. It has always been here for us, existing without our participation. Take your rightful place on the planet, take her hand, she is here to freely provide for your needs.

Where to start? Keep posted, peace for all


No comments:

Post a Comment